Sunday, September 1, 2013

I Have a Problem

To begin, I just finished up my first full week of classes at Rhodes. And let me say, this semester is going to HURT. Currently, I'm trying to force my way through Christopher Clark's new book, The Sleepwalkers. I have to have the entire 560+ pages read for Thursday, so I'm reading 80 pages per day. That's like 3 hours of reading. For ONE of my classes. Basically, I need to crawl under a rock and never come out.

It's a good book, but it's kicking my ass. But I will go down fighting (and posting blog posts).

To the actual topic of this post: I have a problem. At some point during the summer, I began purchasing cleansers/exfoliators/masks at an alarming rate. And now, I don't really have the space to store them.


 It's a miracle I could even fit it all on that entertainment unit thing.


First, the cleansers. I have two bottles of the Clinique Liquid Face Soap Oily Skin Formula. I know, I know. Who needs two bottles of the same cleanser? Apparently, the answer is me. This was my first real cleanser purchase, and I had two bottles because one stayed in my shower caddy and one stayed in my room by my sink back in the day when I was living in a traditional dorm without my own shower. Now, though, I'm just annoyed that I have that much more cleanser to go through. I recently received samples of the Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser, the Murad Clarifying Cleanser, and the First Aid Beauty Facial Cleanser. Then there's The Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash and Tea Tree Cool & Creamy Wash. Finally, the REN. My favorite. I have the Clearcalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser (one of my favorites) and I just bought the Ultra Moisture Cleansing Milk. I know, I have a problem.


Then there are the exfoliators. Right to left there's the Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub. I'm trying to use this one up (so close!!). Then there's the Korres Pomegranate Deep Cleansing Scrub, the Lush Ocean Salt and Herbalism, The Body Shop Seaweed Pore Cleansing Facial Exfoliator, the Yes to Blueberries Age Refresh Softening Facial Exfoliator, the Kate Somerville ExfoliKate, and the REN Micro Polish Cleanser.


Finally, the masks. Left to right: REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask, the Clearcalm 3 Acne Treatment Mask, and the Invisible Pores Detox Mask. Then there are The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask, Seaweek Ionic Clay Mask, and the Blue Corn 3-in-1 Deep Cleansing Mask. Origins Clear Improvements Mask in next, followed up with the Boscia Clarifying Detox Mask, and finally the Garnier The Ultimate Cleanser 3-Way Clean. 

I know, guys. I have a problem. My goal over the next month or so is to review all of these products, then to use them up so I stop feeling like a crazy person. Seriously, I don't have eight faces, I only have one. And a person with only one face simply does not need this number of washes/exfoliators/masks. 

Is there a skincare anonymous I can join?

No comments:

Post a Comment