Monday, September 16, 2013

Review: Boscia Clarifying Detox Mask

Last night I was doing my homework, hopped up on coffee and quesadillas, when I took a moment to wash off my makeup. After I did so, I took a good look at my face and realized how congested my pores looked. So I opened my medicine cabinet, trying to decide which mask to use. I settled on this Boscia Clarifying Detox Mask. I tried a sample of this mask months ago, really liked it, bought it, then promptly forgot it existed at all. It sat, gathering dust in the back of my medicine cabinet for months. After pulling it out last night, I'm really glad to report that it is amazing, and I honestly have no idea how I could have forgotten how great this mask is.


I really like the design of Boscia's masks. They all come in the same size bottle, most have a color associated with them that appears on the bottle, fading from colored on the bottom to white on the top. For example, the Green Tea Oil Control Mask is green, the Bright White Mask is sliver, and the Cool Blue Calming Mask is (you guessed it) blue. This is the only one of Boscia's masks to be contained in an entirely white bottle. I sort of really wish that it had a color to it like the other ones.


It's just a squeeze tube, which works fine for me. I guess I'll see if I have any difficulty with getting product out when I get toward the end of the bottle, but for now, it's great. You can sort of tell from the photo: the mask itself isn't quite white. It almost has just the slightest hint of blue/green/grey to it.


It's smooth, with the slightest scent of mint to it. It feels sort of like The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask, but this one will actually dry down on your face, whereas the Tea Tree Face Mask dries, it just doesn't crack.


I think that out of all of my face masks, this one provides my favorite mask-feeling. It tingles, but in a super minty delicious way. Sometimes the Tea Tree Face Mask will tingle too much, then stop entirely. But this Boscia mask tingled pleasantly until I took it off.

It left my face feeling much less congested, and just generally clean. It also didn't give me an issue with my nighttime moisturizer. Sometimes after using a mask, I have to be careful which moisturizer I use because the moisturizer can end up stinging my face, but I didn't have that problem after using this Clarifying Detox Mask. I ended up moisturizing with Origins Night-A-Mins, a product I'm trying out to decide if I'm going to purchase it.

Overall, I loved this mask. I'm definitely going to find a way to show it the love it deserves and work it into my weekly routine.

I'm also in love with the price of this mask. Lately I've been purchasing and using a lot of REN's masks, which come at a pretty whopping price point. They range from $34-$55 for 1.7 oz. In comparison, this Boscia mask is $25 for 2.8 oz.


Finally, just let me say that I hate air conditioning. I'm sitting at work right now, freezing my butt of, actually wishing I was outside in the 90+ degree weather. You know I'm struggling when I would rather sweat that shiver.

1 comment:

  1. This blog presented itself in a very easy and clear way. Owner of this blog found a very simple way to express its view but when you read this blog completely, you would get to know about how hard it could be to express such in a easy way.
    เอเชียสลิม

    ReplyDelete