Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Review: Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Dry Combination

In either February or March of this year, I finally got off of my lazy butt and picked up a skincare regimen. Before my life-changing trip to Sephora, I was using a drugstore cleanser in the shower and just removed my makeup (sometimes) at night with a makeup removing wipe.

After that fateful trip to Sephora, I came back to my dorm with a Clinique skincare set and a Clarisonic. While I rarely use the toner I got in the set, the moisturizer and cleanser became regulars in my life.


If you read my post about how I have a serious skincare obsession, you'll already know, but I actually have two bottles of this cleanser. Back in the day when I was in a traditional dorm, one bottle hung out by the sink in my room (so I could wash my face at night) and one hung out in my shower caddy. That way, I didn't have to carry one bottle back and forth to the shower with me. But now that I have my own bathroom in what is basically a studio apartment, having two bottles just seems silly.


This is a clear cleanser that foams when I use it in conjunction with my Clarisonic. Personally, when I'm using my Clarisonic, I love it when a face wash foams a bit. Otherwise, I just feel like the Clarisonic bristles are digging into my skin all awkwardly. So this face was is optimal for my purposes. In the last few months I've found foaming cleansers that I like more than this one, but all of them have some sort of a secondary use (other than just removing makeup). I have anti-acne cleansers, anti-aging ones, etc. But this is a great basic cleanser, one that I use with particular frequency when I'm planning on doing a mask or some sort of complicated serum/moisturizer process at night. When I'm afraid that an agent in one of my other cleansers will interact poorly with my mask/moisturizer, I always find myself reaching for this Clinique Liquid Facial Soap.

And coming in at $16.50 for 6.7 oz, it's definitely one of the most price-concious cleansers you can find inside a Sephora. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a basic, foaming cleanser.

No comments:

Post a Comment