Sunday, September 8, 2013

Review: Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Berlin

I'm forever on the hunt for a good liquid lipstick. When they're good, they tend to apply easily, dry quickly, and last forever. And I prefer my makeup to not require 10 touchups throughout the day, and I've found that a good liquid lipstick can survive just about anything. A good liquid lipstick can, in fact, survive better than any regular lipstick.

I heard that the Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick was phenomenal, and I am here to tell you that it really is. But I'll begin at the beginning.


I bought this lipstick in the color Berlin months ago, but I've been waiting to post about it because I wanted to make sure that it was as amazing as I thought it was in the beginning.


The packaging is very pretty; it doesn't look nearly as gothic as some of Kat Von D's products. I'm not a huge fan of the gothic look, so the packaging of this product makes me very happy. At first I was a little bit worried about the color. Berlin just looks so damn bright. But then I put it on. And I fell in love.


It looks much less crazy bright once it's actually on your lips. It dries VERY quickly, so if you're fairly slow at applying lip product, you'll want to speed up to put this stuff on. But once you get the hang of it, you can apply it fairly quickly with ease.

One of the things about this product that I can't rave about enough is it's longevity. It will look like you just put it on all day.


This photo was taken at 4:45 pm. I had been wearing this lipstick since 11:30 am. In between putting the lipstick on and taking this photo, I was in class for 3 hours and 45 minutes. I had one coffee, one bottle of water, one brownie, and one fruit juice (that required putting my lips around the bottle's top). I had spent my Great War class (2.5 hours) talking incessantly. Yes, I'm that kid in class that won't stop talking.

Basically, this is magical lipstick.

Because I waited months to write a review on this product, I also found out one more fascinating fact: it survives nap time. Let me explain. My favorite way to test the lasting-power of any given makeup product is to take a nap while wearing it. I have a whole series of eyeliners, mascaras, blushes, and eyeshadows that surpass the nap test. But rarely does a lipstick survive a nap. More often than not, lipstick ends up all over my pillow and I'm pissed. But not the Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick. It survived the nap test, looking like I had literally just applied it.


I only have two complaints, albeit small ones. The first one you can see illustrated in this photo. While it doesn't fade on the majority of my lips, on the upper outer corners, it disappears. I think it has something to do with the way that my lips are shaped and how they fit together. If I keep my mouth closed, it's not a problem, but if I'm talking a lot, you can tell that the lipstick doesn't reach all the way to the corners of my mouth.

The other problem is a packaging issue. The lipstick will leak around the edges of the screw top, sometimes resulting in pink lipstick getting on my other lip products in my lip drawer. It's easily clean-able with a cheap toner or makeup remover, but I wish that it wasn't an issue at all.

Overall, I LOVE this lipstick. Some claim that it's extremely drying, but I didn't find it to be more drying than your average lip product. It was actually less drying on my than some products I use (Apocolips comes to mind). It retails for $19 on Sephora.com. The next color I'm going to purchase is  Lolita.

No comments:

Post a Comment