Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Beginning of a New Year

Now that the latest school year is into full swing, I figured I would update anyone reading this blog on my life as of the last couple of weeks. Whenever I read beauty blogs, I wonder what they do when they're not blogging it up, so here's my life!


Everyone has returned to Rhodes. I spent the summer here working, but now all of the students are back! I liked having campus to myself, but seeing everyone was really nice, too. It was great to catch up with people I hadn't seen in months, particularly those who went abroad! One of my great friends, Tyler, went on a study abroad trip with the business/econ department to Europe, we spent like three hours catching up on his life in Europe.


My littles came back to me! They did various things throughout the summer (Bailey had a camp counselor job, Madeline went to Ecuador, and Maria lived her life in Chicago), but I'm so glad to have them all back with me! 


Then there was sorority goodness! I can't participate in recruitment because I'm a Resident Assistant, but we just wrapped it up this last weekend. At the end of it was our Bid Day, I could finally return to the house and associate with my sisters again. Now my littles are getting ready to take littles themselves, and I'm helping them out with the crafting.


Then there's Mock Trial. In April, after spending the night on the floor of the Atlanta airport, we kicked ass at Nationals and our A Team became runner up to the championship and our B Team (my team) placed 5th in our flight. 

Trophy travels! Now we're getting geared up for another great year of Mock Trial success! In the rankings, we're ranked 2nd and 17th in the nation right now. We're ranked higher than a whole slew of amazing schools (our A Team is ranked above UCLA, Virginia, NYU, Harvard, Duke, Michigan, Brown, and Columbia, just to name a few).

Next week our in-class rounds start. They're the first set of rounds that determine who will get placed on which team for the coming year, and it gives us a pretty good starting point for building our case. This year's case is a robbery at a theme park, I'm super excited to argue the law on this one!


Finally, here are some of the guys at my new dorm messing around with my phone while I made coffee. Rhodes didn't have enough space to house all of the incoming freshmen, so we moved 40 students to a nearby dorm occupied by Victory University. The first floor is Rhodes, the upper two floors are Victory. I'm the RA for the Rhodes students, and I've really enjoyed getting to know kids I otherwise would have never met!

No comments:

Post a Comment