Monday, September 2, 2013

Review: Korres Pomegranate Deep Cleansing Scrub

A couple of months ago, I was living my life, visiting home. In Knoxville there's a Sephora at the West Town Mall, but then there's also a JCPenny Sephora in Turkey Creek. My sister and I went to the JCPenny Sephora because sometimes the sale section there has things they would never put in the sale section at a regular Sephora or at Sephora.com. This particular trip to JCPenny proved fruitfull: I got this scrub for $11.99. It's reguarly $21!

I had actually been eyeing this scrub for quite some time: I love Korres, and was dying to try a product from this pomegranate line.


 If there's one complaint that I have, it's the packaging. With all of the scrubs/exfoliators/masks/cleansers I have, I need products to be able to stand on their own. But the cap of this scrub is so small that it can't really stand: if I nudge it even slightly it topples over, creating a domino effect that results is products and bottles flying everywhere in my medicine cabinet and all over the floor of my bathroom.


But one of the things that I love about this product is the consistency. I love that it doesn't feel mass produced. Cheaper scrubs (and a lot of scrubs I own) have very uniform consistency. The particles of whatever (microbeads, walnut shells, pumice) are all the same size. But with the scrub, the Greek olive stones have clearly been reduced in some way that has resulted in beautiful inconsistencies in texture. The overall look just is more natural.

Overall, I really like this scrub. It leaves my skin feeling clean and exfoliated. I'd definitely recommend it to someone who's comfortable with scrubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment