Monday, August 5, 2013

Where I've Disappeared to...

I may have just recently begun blogging, but I do know that disappearing for more than two weeks isn't so great.

After my last post, I drove back to Memphis, slept and worked like crazy for 36 hours, then headed out again, this time to Dallas to meet my boyfriend's family. I was pretty freaked out (the family of my last serious boyfriend absolutely hated me--I wasn't Catholic and I wasn't terrified at the very thought of being alone in a room with their son--basically I was a harlot). Basically, I went to Dallas all sorts of a hot mess. I was obsessed with the clothes I was bringing (I wanted to look cute, but not like I was trying too hard). I worried about my nail color, my makeup, what I would tell them about my family.

Like I said, I was a WRECK. But it went great, his family loved me (and I loved them)!!

My God, Ian's hair is so long and floppy. I've forced a haircut on him
since we got back from Dallas.

We hung out around his house, he took me to this freakishly giant mall (where I hyperventilated in the Lush I was so happy), and his mom dragged us downtown to take couple-photos of us. 

Then we came back from Dallas, and I went back to working like crazy/preparing to move. And Ian and I got haircuts. Probably the weirdest date of my life: we went to a delicious local Thai place, then went to Aveda Pavo and got our hair cut by my favorite Memphis stylist, Mary Cullen. Ian's hair looks amazing, and now I'm split-end free. 

Me, waiting while Ian gets his hair cut and taking a selfie for
my mom.
 Then I geared up for my move from my summer housing to the dorm that I'll be in for the next year. Jen and my mom came out to help get me moved, and now I'm all settled in my new place.

I finally got to hang the nail polish rack that I made!
 One of the great parts of this move: now I have my own studio apartment. Which means I'm DONE with communal bathrooms. I cannot even begin to explain how excited I am to have my own bathroom, mostly for the beauty-product space that I have now.

Another shot of my new room, my desk area!

And now that I'm back home, and all settled into my dorm, I'll get back to posting more regularly! I have a ton of products I'm excited about writing on!

2 comments:

  1. AMELIA DOES A POST!!!!! I was going through my bloglovin feed and I was like "is that Amelia?" and it was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did do a post! And I just posted another one! I WILL GET BETTER AT REGULARLY POSTING.

      Delete