Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Lush Seanik Solid Shampoo

Has a shampoo ever changed your life?

I'll start from the beginning. For years, I suppose I've been in a shampoo/conditioner rut. For as long as I can really remember, I've used the Aussie moist line of hair products. I use them, my sister uses them, we even keep extra bottles of the shampoo and conditioner at our mother's house for when we're home.

I've never had an issue with the Aussie moist line, but for at least the last year or so I've noticed that my hair didn't really shine quite like it used to when I was a kid. And I figured that I was just getting older, more stressed, and I was getting less sleep than I used to. I shrugged my shoulders and continued using a average shampoo and conditioner.

Fairly recently, when I fell in love with Lush Cosmetics, I wanted to start getting into some of their various products. Not really their makeup, I still by far prefer Sephora and Ulta. But some of their bath and body products. Eventually, I worked up the nerve to try one of their solid shampoos, and boy, am I thrilled that I did.

Lush's solid shampoos are mostly marketed towards folks who travel frequently. One of the great things about their solid shampoo and conditioner is that they are (obviously) solid, which means you can pack them in a carry on and they don't count towards your liquids limit. That's not really why I was interested, I was more intrigued by how a solid shampoo and conditioner would work. How does is get spread throughout your hair? Does is create suds? I spent days trying to decide which one, eventually settling on Seanik.

Seanik smells like "mimosa and jasmine oils," according to Lush's website. I don't know that I would quite pinpoint those exact scents, but it definitely smells delicious. It's supposed to give your hair body and shine, and I've definitely noticed a boost in both of those, but we'll get back to the shine part later.

Seanik, living its life in my shower.

The first time I used Seanik, I followed the directions included on the website. You basically wet your hair, dampen the bar of shampoo, then run it along the length of your hair a couple of times. Put the bar down and lather. And OHMYGOD it was amazing. I know some people have issues with sulfates in their shampoos, but the sulfates in Seanik are definitely worth it. My hair lathered so beautifully. I rinsed the shampoo out of my hair, used that Lush Big Solid Conditioner next to Seanik (I don't love the conditioner, I'll definitely go back to liquid conditioner once I've run out of the solid stuff), and got out of the shower. 

At first I didn't notice a huge difference in my hair, but as it dried, my world changed. My hair was so damn shiny! It was beautiful! Then, I went to sleep. Usually I shower at night, because even though I wake up usually two hours before I have to go anywhere, I don't like giving up my coffee/TV time to shower. Additionally, I'm not one of those people who styles their hair. I just let it dry, and it'll do what it wants to do. I don't have the time for blow drying/straightening. 

So I woke up the next morning. Usually when I've showered and then slept, any shine that my hair had sort of dulls by morning, with me rubbing my head against my pillow and all. But after trying Seanik for the first time, I woke up the following morning and my hair was still shining like crazy. My hair was still beautiful! 

I've been raving about how great Seanik is ever since. I made my mom and sister try it when they visited; anyone who has asked about what shampoo they should try next has gotten a serious earful about my obsession with Seanik.


I also bought this handy tin for when I choose to travel with Seanik. I anticipate this shampoo will come very much in handy on mock trial trips throughout the coming year. 

I'm already trying to decide which solid shampoo I'll try once I've run out of Seanik. I think I'll try the Godiva and Ultimate Shine next! But seriously, if you're in need of a new shampoo, try one of Lush's solid shampoos. Now that I've fallen in love, I may never go back to regularly using a liquid formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment