Sunday, July 14, 2013

Review: Benefit Sun Beam


In my last post, I talked about how I really wanted a product that made my cheeks glow/shimmer/sparkle. Not like I went to some sort of rave and got glittered on, but more like a glow from within sort of a deal.


Well, in the last week and a half, while I was hating on and ranting about Too Faced Candlelight, I lucked upon a product that did EXACTLY what I wanted: Benefit Sun Beam.

I was shopping at Sephora a couple of weeks ago and when I went to check out, the girl checking me out discovered that I'm a Sephora VIB (if you shop at Sephora and don't have a Beauty Insider card, I suggest you get one! Between the point perks and the random exclusive offers for Beauty Insiders and VIBS, I've found quite a few products I've fallen in love with). Apparently, just for shopping at Sephora on that particular Saturday meant that I got a free gift with my purchase!


It was through this VIB only gift that I discovered Sun Beam, a product that I would probably never have tried on my own. I'm so glad that I tried it, because I'm straight up in love!


Sun Beam, like the other liquid highlighters in the Benefit product line, comes in a nail-polish-like bottle. The other two liquid highlighters, Moon Beam and High Beam, come in clear bottles. Sun Beam's bottle is actually golden, so as the product runs out, I won't necessarily be able to tell. Which I'm okay with. My sister Jennifer was deterred from trying this product because of the bottle; she thought that the color of the product would closely match the color of the bottle. That isn't really the case: I've found that the product itself doesn't look nearly as gold as the bottle. It's a lot more wearable than that color gold would be!


You can see how different the colors are: the bottle is a true gold while the highlighter on the brush is much closer to human-skin-color.


The highlighter goes on smoothly, I use my fingers to blend it in.


You can see that my hand looks a little shimmery here! It's definitely a subtle thing (as long as you don't lather it on), and I like it that way! I wanted my cheeks to look like I was glowing, and now they do! Success!

4 comments:

  1. Aww,so cool I have the same and I love it so much.*__*
    I like your blog.
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll definitely check your blog out, but I don't do a "follow for a follow." That being said, if I like your blog, I'll definitely follow you!

      -Amelia

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's such a great product! It's become a part of my everyday routine!

      Delete