Friday, July 5, 2013

Lush BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask

A couple of weeks ago I visited a friend in St Louis, and I picked up this Fresh Face Mask at a mall lucky enough to have a a Lush!!


I've used it a couple of times, this time being the third, and I think there's enough product in there for one more mask in a couple of days! I don't mind paying $6.95 for four uses.


Lush describes this mask: BB Seaweed is a best-seller for its ability to turn every rough patch into smooth, supple skin. No surprises here, BB Seaweed is packed full of none other than the ocean greenery itself! Seven pounds of it in each batch, in fact. Finely ground almonds gently slough away dry skin, rose absolute balances skin tone and organic extra virgin olive oil moisturizes.

I think this mask was the perfect introduction to the Lush Fresh Face Mask line! It smells delicious, and just like the description, it moisturizes my face and doesn't bother my skin at all. Additionally, I love that you have to refrigerate these masks: putting something chilly on my face just feels great! Lush suggests washing it off after 10 minutes, I usually leave mine on for between 15 and 20 minutes.


It's thick, sort of oatmeal colored, with chunks of seaweed and ground almond. Because it's aim is to soften skin, I don't apply it as a spot treatment mask, instead I go with a all-over the face method.


I've heard people complain that it flakes off and is generally messy, but I disagree entirely. This mask is chunky, without a doubt. But as long as you're careful applying it (as in, not rushing it), the seaweed chunks get attached enough to your face that they don't fall off during the drying process.


I recommend avoiding getting this stuff in your hair. That's particularly difficult for me because I sort of have baby hairs everywhere, as you can see in the photo of my whole face. Usually I use a hair band to hold back those baby hairs, but I forgot this time. I've also tried to avoid my eyebrows.


Here's a photo of the same area right before I rinsed the mask off. I think the color of the mask changes a bit as it dries; it becomes a little bit more yellow. I don't wait for it to fully dry before I remove it, I think it would be too difficult to wash off if it dried completely. As is, I sort of use it as a semi-exfoliator. The ground almond works to slough off any dead skin.

Overall, I've loved using this mask. It's really gentle and has definitely softened my skin. Next time I'm lucky enough to happen upon a lush store (and have a cooler to transport a Fresh Face Mask back to Memphis), I'm definitely going to try either the Cupcake mask or the Cosmetic Warrior mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment