Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Nails Today: Polkadots

Partly because I love having painted nails and partly because of a freak accident (I painted my nails green a couple of weeks ago and it left my nails hardcore stained yellow), I've been painting my nails with significant frequency.

Here's my manicure right now, inspired by a similar one my sister sent me a picture of today.


I always use my go-to base coat: Essie's First Base Base Coat. Then there are two coats of Essie's Big Spender (a polish I got from my sister in a trade).


Another polish I got in that trade was this white Julep color, Eileen. It's from the Trina Turk Fall 2012 Collection. 


I finished off this particular manicure with Sephora by OPI Matte Top Coat. I got it on sale for $4.50 because Sephora and OPI are ending their love affair. Seriously, go check out the sale and see what's left! 

I don't usually like matte nail polishes, to me they sort of look like your nails got really scuffed up after you painted them and you didn't bother to fix it with a shiny top coat. But with the pattern of the polkadots, I love the matte look!

I've been sporting this manicure for two days now, and I don't have a single chip! I've also gotten a bunch of compliments on it, mostly from men (interestingly enough)!

No comments:

Post a Comment