Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Review: Origins GinZing

About a month ago, I was wasting time on various beauty/lifestyle websites (allure.commarieclaire.comcosmopolitan.com) and I came across a post that provoked some serious stress in me. It was a post about eye care, particularly at what age a woman should become concerned about their eyes enough to begin regularly using eye cream. The article suggested that women in their 20s start using eye cream. WAIT. IN THEIR 20S?!? I'm in my 20s!!!

Thus, I became way too over-concerned with the state of my eyes. I mean, my God, I had never used an eye cream in my life! Dry skin around the eyes? I still have no idea what that feels like/what the signs of it are.

So I went to Sephora, convinced that any day I would look in the mirror and my eyes would be those of an octogenarian. The very kind sales associate calmed me down, probably halting an epic meltdown, and steered me towards some eye creams she thought would best suit a girl in her (very) early 20s. I left with four samples (Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream, Fresh Lotus Eye Gel, Caudalie Vinosource SOS Morning Eye Rescue, and Korres Wild Rose Instant Brightening Eye Treatment).

Of the four, I decided the Caudalie eye cream had a weird scent that I didn't want near my eyes every day, the Fresh gel also had too strong of a scent (as well as a price point I wasn't comfortable with), and the Korres and Origins were a close enough call that I just flipped a coin, and luck got me the Origins GinZing, which I am wildly happy with. That being said, when I have $35 I'm not immediately doing something with, it'll likely go directly to purchasing the Korres product.


Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream comes in an adorable green Origins box, but I like the color of the glass jar even more. It's sort of a deep, dark-ish orange. It reminds me a lot of a sunset. 


The product itself is slightly shimmery, and a very light champagne pink color. Between the light shimmer and the pigment, it immediately makes my tired eyes look brighter. My favorite thing to do in the morning is apply it to one eye, then just look at the difference between my eyes for a while before applying it to my second eye. 


Overall, I love the eye cream that I chose, and it's definitely helped assuage my concern regarding future crepey eyes. I would definitely recommend it to someone who spends a lot of time studying/living it up late night style. If you're looking for something that has hardcore anti-aging effects, this probably isn't the product for you (or you should use this in the morning and a stronger anti-aging cream at night).

In terms of overall value, it's not cheap, but at the same time, it's priced considerably well for what you get. It's $30 for .5 oz ($60 per oz). For comparison, the Korres Wild Rose Instant Brightening Eye Treatment is $35 for .5 oz ($70 per oz), the Caudalie Vinosource SOS Morning Eye Rescue is $34 for .5 oz ($68 per oz), and the Fresh Lotus Eye Gel is $48 for .5 oz ($94 per oz). 


No comments:

Post a Comment